You found me!
In this corner of my virtual home, you will find some serious, and not-so-serious, things about me. Without further ado, let’s get to know each other!
cold hard facts
- Born and raised in Finland
- Studied photography at the Muurla Institute
- Received a BFA in Photography from Emily Carr University of Art & Design, Vancouver, BC, Canada
- Studied one semester abroad at the Royal Academy of Art in Den Haag, The Netherlands
- Currently living and working in Finland
- Traveling – what can I say? Traveling is one of the best teachers I have ever had.
- Ceramics – knew from the beginning of university that I would love ceramics but wasn’t able to take a class until my last year and, as predicted, fell deeply in love
- Drumming – I learned the basics in high school but have fantasised about learning more for a long time and now that I’m dating a drummer, I’ve picked up a few more things ;)
- Snowboarding – got into it in Canada, until my board was stolen and have been on the down low ever since, but if anyone is up for it in Finland, let me know! I would love to go :)
- Crocheting / knitting – the go-to relaxation activity
- Basketball – played it more in high school but still enjoy it hear and there
- Baking – especially experimental baking, substituting sugar, fat and wheat for healthier alternatives (banana works with almost anything!)
- Gigs – I rarely go but when I do, it’s someone I really want to see (like last year for my birthday I got tickets to go see Papa Roach [!!!] who I hadn’t seen live in 12 years [yes, I’m that old]) and my emotions go off the chart
- Spices: cardamom and cinnamon
- Herbs: cilantro (/coriander) and thyme
- Food: Mexican and Indian (vegetarian)
- Ice-cream & sweet: licorice
What I believe in
I believe. I believe in you, I believe in me and I believe in possibilities. I believe that anything is possible when you have faith and perseverance. I believe in dreams and I believe that you can achieve your dream. I believe that kindness and love are the solutions to many of the problems in the world today. And I believe that we can all change the world when we start with ourselves.
Some of the most fulfilling moments in my life are those when I truly connect with someone, something or some place. And this is one of the cornerstones of Studio Metsä – I want to really connect with you and make you feel comfortable and at ease when you are with me.
I love cats for their independence and straight-forward nature (they’re no brown-nosers!). While I connect with cats the most, I am a huge animal lover and care passionately about animal rights. I have worked with BC SPCA in Vancouver and HESY in Helsinki and my work has been published in The Province, The Animal Sense and HESY-magazine, as well as their online platforms.
If you want to know more personal things about me check out the following blog posts: