Before jumping into the actual travel diary, I wanted to say a little something to the ladies in my life.
In honour of International Women’s Day, THANK YOU to all the ladies in my life who have stood by me through thick and thin – who have listened, hugged, cared for, trusted and loved me. If it weren’t for all of you, I wouldn’t be where I am today. So thank you for giving me so much and for allowing me to be a part of your lives.
Here’s a small selection of a few of these ladies that have impacted my life. Please click on the bolded text to view their work! Enjoy!
- Erica Wilk – multidisciplinary artist who has her own printing press company, Moniker Press, in Vancouver, BC, Canada.
- Magda Sierzputowska – designer and photographer currently based in Warsaw, Poland.
- Annabelle Antas – photographic artist and wedding photographer currently based in Ekenäs, Finland.
- Grace Vane Percy – photographic artist based in Helsinki, Finland and London, UK.
- Joelle Gebhardt – illustration artist currently based in Berlin, Germany.
- Sherise Talbott – ceramicist and illustrator currently based in Denver, Colorado, USA.
- Annika Aro – nutritionist and owner of Soul Food Nutrition currently based in Vantaa, Finland.
- Courtney Colbon – illustrator and artist currently based in Vancouver, BC, Canada.
- Defne Corbacioglu – graphic designer currently based in Vancouver, BC, Canada.
- Julie Damhus – industrial designer currently based in Aarhus, Denmark.
DAY 2: OSLO, NORWAY
So now, onto the travel diary! But since I am already feeling all sentimental, I’m going to keep it going just a little bit longer ;)
I wanted to give a shoutout to my travel companion, Veronika. She made the trip what it was and it would have not been the same without her. Even though it was the first time we travelled together, everything went better than planned. She is one of the most genuine people I have ever met and so easy to be with. Despite having gone through a lot in the past year, she hasn’t lost her caring nature. She is so much stronger than she might think and has a gift of bringing humour and warmth into all situations.
This vacation made us that much closer – she’s now the sister I never had.
So thank you, Veronika, for being who you are and for opening yourself to me. Let’s do this again some time! ;)
Second day in Norway and we woke up to another beautiful, sunny day in Oslo (little did we know this would be the most sun we would see all trip long ;)).
The metro station near our lodging had the most gorgeous structures ->
What I love most about sunny weather is how the light creates different types of shadows and patches of light. Seeing light patterns or patterns from shadows, makes me go nuts – in the best possible way!
Until tomorrow lovelies,